Wednesday, April 10, 2013

you pick the lock

The young lady watches in amazement as you deftly pick the lock and her cage falls open. She then grabs your hand and leads you back out of the cavern, up the path, to the mountain lake. She collapses at the side of the water and breathes a sigh of relief.

"I thought I would never get out of there!" she says. "Thank you, brave stranger! My name is Lady Rilla, and my father is the Wizard of the Lake. He disapproved of my choice in suitors and asked his dragon to keep track of me lest Sir Rin, my lover, carry me off. I fear what Father may have done to Rin in my absence. He has an alliance with the witch who lives near the great river. Would you be willing to scout out her cottage and see if Rin is present? She knows me and would report my escape to my father if I go."

"Yes, of course, I would be happy to do this for you," you reply.

or

"No, I have my own quest with the Wizard of the Lake and I must see to that now."

or

"Actually, I have already been to the witches cottage and confronted her so it is now safe for you to accompany me there."

No comments:

Post a Comment