Saturday, June 25, 2016

Does Surf have magic?

Surf's brow furrows. "What makes you  think I have  magic? Is it because I'm blue? Do you think all blue people have magic?"

You  gape and start to stammer a response, but she laughs.

"No, I'm just kidding you. I'm a Nereid. Of course I have magic!" She scratches her head. "Look, I'll do my thing, but it will take a lot of concentration, so you're going to need to get the pearls for me, as soon as the pirates are distracted."

Surf raises her arms and the waves tower up like walls. The pirates turn and gawk. The water twists up in great columns. A shrill sound of angry dolphins echoes through the night.

"The waters have turned against us! Run!" Redfeather shouts. The pirates bolt for the trees. You run in and claim the chest of pearls. It's a lot heavier than it looks.

As you stumble away, the magic suddenly stops, the sea returns to its placid state, and a straggling pirate glances back over his shoulder.

"Hey, they're making off with our booty!" he roars.

You try to run. It's tempting to drop the pearls. They're so heavy. They're only slowing you down and Surf is no where to be seen. If you drop them perhaps you can run and hide in the woods.

Do you drop the pearls?

or

Do you continue on with Surf's treasure and hope she'll intervene?

No comments:

Post a Comment