Saturday, May 4, 2013

Offer to help the boxed up Wizard

"Sorry," you say, yelling down into the box. "I didn't realize it would do that."

"Get me out of here!" the Wizard shrieks, his voice echoing up out of the depths. You think for a moment.

"How do I know you won't turn me into a frog if I let you out?" you inquire.

"I swear! Let me out and I will help your bear friend! Let me out and I will offer you a share in the treasure of a lifetime!"

Intrigued you decide to offer the Wizard a second chance. You turn the box upside down and shake it a few times. Out tumbles the Wizard, an angry badger, and several loaves of what appears to be fruit cake. The badger scurries off into the bushes but the Wizard and the fruit cakes stay where they fell.

"Now, about this treasure?" you prod. The Wizard clears his throat.

"I have heard stories of a valuable treasure on the bottom of this very lake, but I had a run in with the merfolk of the lake several years ago and they made it clear I was no longer welcome in their realm. Some people can't take a joke, that is all I have to say on the matter. .  . if I were to turn you, temporarily of course, into some sort of water breathing creature, would you be willing to seek out this treasure for me?"

No, you don't have time for this. Just help my friend the bear and I'll be on my way.

or

Certainly, sounds like a lark! Let's get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment